Hello! My name is Beverly McCullough from Flamingo Toes, and I am a Riley Blake Designer. I’m so excited to be here to share this fun “All You Need is Love” Embroidery Hoop Art project.
February is National Embroidery Month! Embroidery is one of my very favorite things and I had a blast coming up with this pattern to celebrate. I love that the design is also perfect for Valentine’s Day, but with a different variety of colors so you could leave it up year-round as a sweet decoration. Though, it would be darling in all reds and pinks if you want to make up a Valentine’s version!
The design is stitched on gorgeous Riley Blake Linen in the Natural color – one of my favorite fabrics for stitching on. The threads show up so well and the texture of the linen makes a great backdrop for the stitches.
I used a color palette of navy, pinks, and gold, but feel free to change up the colors to match your style. This hoop would also make such a great gift for a friend too!
All You Need is Love Embroidery Hoop Art
- 8″ embroidery hoop
- 11″ x 11″ piece of Riley Blake Linen in Natural
- Embroidery Floss colors – I used the following Aurifil colors:
- Embroidery Needle – I love Lori Holt’s Nifty Embroidery Needles
- Transfer Pen
- For finishing – Glue and optional 1 yard pom pom trim
You can find video tutorials for transferring embroidery designs and stitches on my YouTube channel! I am adding more stitches weekly so check back often for new tutorials.
- Print out provided pattern and transfer the design to your fabric. Place your fabric in the embroidery hoop for stitching.
- Embroider the design with the following stitches: (All stitching except Woven Roses uses three strands of floss)
- Heart and Lettering – Layered Back Stitch – color 4644
- Large Leaves – Satin Stitch – color 2850
- Small Greenery – Back Stitch for Stems and Lazy Daisy Stitches for leaves – color 5014
- Large Flowers – Woven Roses – use 6 strands of floss – colors 5001, 2440, 2435,
- Add French Knots in centers using the same or coordinating colors of floss
- Scattered French Knots – color 2311 (scatter these around flowers and leaves if desired)
- Finish hoop as desired. I have instructions for finishing a project in the hoop here. I also have several ideas for hoop finishing in my book, Retro Stitchery.
I hope you have a great time stitching up this project! I would love to see your versions. If you share your projects on social media I’d love for you to tag me @flamingotoes!
You can find lots of embroidery and quilting projects on my blog, Flamingo Toes and in my Shop as well! You can find me on social media on Facebook (I have a super fun Facebook Group!), Instagram, and YouTube.
Pingback:January 27, 2022 at 8:08 pm