When I saw this Lost and Found Halloween fabric I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it. I love all the low volume prints in this collection and I wanted to create a quilt that let them shine. This plus quilt was an improvised solution to that idea.
First I cut out the pluses from the colored fabrics I selected, then using lots and LOTS of math- I filled in the background. I’m not going to lie- the idea of the quilt was much simpler than the execution of the quilt. 🙂 I wanted it to be random and staggered, but that made for a much more complicated experience than I imagined.
You can see all of the different low volume fabrics I used for the background. I was especially inspired by the newsprint fabric- I think the pieced background gives a similar look. I also love those creepy tiny spiders- they are just fantastic!
Now, to get this quilted and bound before October- I think I have a good shot of getting it done. 🙂
Who knows, maybe I’ll actually get a Christmas quilt done this year too! I’m feeling hopeful it might really happen.